Saturday, July 14, 2007

I witnessed an amazing thing yesterday. I have no photos to show for it since, while I had remembered to bring my camera, I had forgotten to put a memory card inside. Some things are better left to the imagination...

Tyler and I were driving on a side street in Humboldt when we came upon an elderly man in the middle of the road. He was wearing a white bicycle helmet. He had a small broom in his hand. On the ground were two baby birds. With a gentle sweeping motion he was using his broom to encourage the birds to move off the road into the grass. The birds were clearly hesitant, one wasn't moving at all. He didn't appear to be touching them but was instead slowly and deliberately sweeping the air beside them. We drove around.

I wonder if he always travels with a broom.

No comments: